Tuesday 16 December 2008

The trip to xi'an and Beijing

Of course we saw the terra-cotta soldiers.  I could not believe how amazing the history of this place was.  It was much like rome in that they were so far passing their time as far as technology.  There was a huge wall around the city where loads of museums were.  There was no way we could have seen it all in the the time we had, but what I saw was amazing.   This is only a view of pit one.  There were 3 pits total making up the Qin emperors tomb. Every time I said terra-cotta I thought of the way Doug says it.  I started calling them the terracotter army

Yes it is the great wall.  I tried to upload a video I had, but It was being fussy so decided to let it have its way.  You can see that this beautiful wall covered in snow goes on for miles and miles.  It is an incredible feat when you realize it was 223 bc when it was made and how quickly this wall was going up.

I made a snowman on top of the great wall to wish everyone a very merry Christmas.  I also did it just so I could say I did it.  I took loads of pictures from this trip and had a blast learning and going to museums in Beijing and xi'an.

No comments: