Tuesday 16 September 2008

My day started out at around 7:30 this morning.  Dave did a demo this morning at about ten and I got a few things done before then.  After the demo I went and talked to my parents on skype for a bit.  I woke them up actually.  I am sure they were glad to talk to me though.  It was after lunch before I really started to get some work done.  I turned a big mixing bowl and tried out some new forms, but the most exciting thing I did was make up some slip for trailing.  I trailed a bit in England and loved it so I was real pumped about getting some more done.  I used the darked clay body we have called tam bau.  Mixed it real wet and put it in a trailer.  It worked great on my pots.  After supper tonight we had a Chinese history class which seemed pointless because the guy teaching could barely speak english.  I got a bit, but missed probably 90% because I could not understand his words.  Tomorrow Jeff is going to demo.  I really like that guy.  He showed me how to do all of the trailing stuff today and was very helpful to others as well.   I am excited to see what he does in the demo.  I am starting to get a daily routine now.  It is nice to have that feeling of knowing what is coming again.  

No comments: