Monday 10 November 2008

Lesson from the history professor

This is the roof where his studio is.  There are rooms all along here used for different things.  One is for throwing, one for glazing, one for, casting...you get the picture.  They are each very small rooms.
This is what you see when you look off the balcony.  Check the sweet chinese roof tile action.
This room was filled with cups.  I really enjoy seeing pots in groups.
This was one of the many glazes he has.  He does a very wide variety of great mastered glazes.

This is him giving Joan and I a carving lesson.  He is such a great person.  he used his whole morning to show us his shops and treat us to lunch.  I learned loads from him today and hope to spend more time with him.

2 comments:

klineola said...

The more I read your blog the more I wish I was there tooling around. This looks like a very cool place. Thanks for sharing.

June said...

Lots of pots. :)Mom